We hope you will be our special guest at The Latino Coalition's Small Business Rising Summit in collaboration with Job Creators Network taking place at the Marriott Irvine Spectrum in Irvine, California.
TLC is the leading, national Latino organization representing Hispanic-owned small businesses (our database contains a network of over 1 million independently owned firms) and the 50-million-strong Hispanic consumer market.
Job Creators Network is a nonpartisan organization whose mission is to educate employees of Main Street America, so it can protect the 85 million people who depend on the success of small businesses.
Breakfast & Registration
Time: 8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Opening Session: Small Business Rising - and Shinning!
Time: 8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
- Opening Remarks: Hector V. Barreto, Chairman, The Latino Coalition
- Remarks: Alfredo Ortiz, President and CEO, Job Creators Network.
- Remarks: Peter Villeges, Vice President, The Coca-Cola Company
- Raul Lopez, Executive Director, Latino's for Tennessee MOU signing
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
Time: 10:00 a.m.-11:20 a.m. Alfredo Ortiz, President and CEO, Job Creators Network:
Job Creators Network: Small Business: Revving the engine of growth through lower taxes, less regulation and greater access to capital.
Small business is the backbone of the American economy-responsible for nearly 70 percent of all new job creation. But many times, government policy doesn't treat them that way and instead applies high taxes, burdensome regulations, and credit restrictions onto their operations. Lifting those government mandates will unleash their full economic potential. Panelists will share how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and reduced regulations have improved their outlook for their businesses and the economy, and what else needs to be done to get the economy to full throttle.
Moderator: Luis Farias, Executive Director, The Latino Coalition
Panelist 1: Alfredo Ortiz, President and CEO, Job Creators Network
Time: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m. Procurement Panel:Don’t Go It Alone
The world of procurement can be intimidating - a place where everyone seems to know the rules, and each other. The keys to this kingdom won't be found solo; it's time to put your network to work for you. Expert panelists will show you how.
- Moderator: Thomas M. Sullivan, Vice President, Small Business Policy, Executive Director for the Small Business Council and the Middle Market Business Council, US Chamber of Commerce
- Panelist 1: J. Adalberto Quijada, District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration, Orange County- Inland Empire District
- Panelist 2: Carlos Contreras, Vice President Commercial, California Resource Corporations.
- Panelist 3: Tarrance Frierson, Manager of Supplier Diversity, Edison International
Time: 12:40 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Luncheon: A New Era for Entrepreneurs
- Armando Prida Huerta, Mexico, Sanchez to Sanchez to Smith Award
Time: 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
Town Hall Meeting: Women in Business
The world is watching as Latinas continue to out-perform other entrepreneurial groups. What can we learn from the women who are leading in business? Panelists will share their personal stories and provide the insight and tips you need for your own success.
- Moderator: Jennifer Korn, Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of the Office of Public Liaison Executive Office of the President
- Panelist 1: Martha de la Torre, President & CEO, El Classificado
- Panelist 2: Silvia Aldana, Manager of Federal Government Relations, PG&E
- Panelist 3: Zoila Escobar, Senior VP Strategic Development & Community Support, Altamed Health Services Corporation
Networking / Exhibit/ JCN Tax Cuts Bus / Census
Time: 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Time: 5:15 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
To RSVP click here.
Book your room for The Latino Coalition by clicking here.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.